CollegWeekends.com adds six seasoned professionals to its Board of Advisors as it continues to expand into new markets and launches crowdfunding campaign
Chesapeake, Virginia Sep 15, 2022 (Issuewire.com) – CollegeWeekends.com, a short-term and vacation rental platform specializing in college and university towns, announces that it has finalized its Board of Advisors. Since its relaunch in 2019, CollegeWeekends has expanded its presence to markets across the country, adding several new markets and over 500 new listings in 2022 alone. In securing a well-rounded and diverse Board of Advisors team, the company has recently launched a crowdfunding campaign and plans to continue to expand and add new markets. The company has also teamed up with StubHub to provide renters with easy access to tickets and Affirm, the leading provider of buy-now, pay-later financing.
“Our focus from day one has been to continue to build an innovative platform focused on the needs of short-term renters and owners,” says Co-founder, John Cunningham. “We are excited and look forward to leveraging our high caliber Board of Advisors as we continue to expand.”
CollegeWeekends’ Board of Advisors includes a team of seasoned and well-balanced professionals with experience in technology/SaaS, start-ups, finance, business development, and marketing:
- Terry Kirby – Co-founder of Ultimatesportsinstitute, a performance training center in South Florida. Kirby was drafted in the 3rd round by the Miami Dolphins and went on to play 9 seasons in the NFL.
- Lori Carcich – Founder & CEO of Country Smooth Spirits, a national premium spirits brand, including Country Smooth Whiskey, that she launched in 2015 and has built into a multi-million-dollar business.
- Maureen McDonnell – Seasoned executive with extensive marketing and leadership experience – including business development, fundraising, communications, and government relations in healthcare, higher education, and technology sectors.
- Hailey Brooke Weiss – Founder & CEO of Power Move Marketing, a national digital
marketing agency located in North Carolina but servicing companies worldwide.
- Rick Cunningham – Senior Vice President at Bread Financial with broad financial services executive experience with expertise in sales leadership, business development, enterprise selling, M&A, and commercial lending in a variety of industry verticals.
- Stuart Van Houten – Senior Vice President at SAP with extensive executive leadership skills and significant enterprise SaaS software and sales leadership experience.
“I have been very impressed with CollegeWeekends’ continued growth and industry-leading innovation”, says Terry Kirby. “As a former college and pro athlete, I return often to my alma mater (University of Virginia) and I see real benefits to CollegeWeekends’ focus on the entire visitor experience, and I’m very excited to help the company as it continues to expand.”
“I am excited and very honored to have been invited to serve as a Board of Advisors member for CollegeWeekends. I strongly believe in the company’s mission and believe the company’s founder and leadership team have effectively created a unique platform, along with a strategic marketing gameplan, targeting the massive world of college sports”, says Lori Carcich. “As an entrepreneur and a lifelong supporter of college sports, I am excited to enhance the expansion efforts of the company with my background in business growth strategy and execution.”
With the support of its Board of Advisors, CollegeWeekends has recently launched a crowdfunding campaign (www.wefunder.com/collegeweekends) in which it plans to use the proceeds to fund the expansion of its marketing initiatives and as well as continued development and platform enhancements.
Founded in a college town, CollegeWeekends connects alumni, fans, parents of students, and other travelers with short-term lodging options in or near college and university towns. From simple studio rooms to luxury homes, we connect renters and owners through a platform that enhances the rental experience. CollegeWeekends offers easier searching, a two-way rating system, secure and easy payment, instant booking, and local recommendations to make an unforgettable rental experience.
President & CEO
CollegeWeekends.com / John Cunningham
1245 Cedar Road
This article was originally published by IssueWire. Read the original article here.
Disclaimer: The views, suggestions, and opinions expressed here are the sole responsibility of the experts. No Open Headline journalist was involved in the writing and production of this article.